A Brand new collection of breaks!
We have joined forces with our sister companies cottages4you and Hoseasons to bring you a superb and unrivalled collection of self catering cottages and boating breaks in the UK and Ireland. Choose a cottage break to enjoy the freedom of coming and going as you please. All cottages are graded to Visit England standards and are inspected regularly for quality and comfort. If you prefer to be on the move why not try a boating holiday on the finest stretches of the UK’s canals and rivers with stunning scenery. With accommodation for every taste and budget that sleeps from 2 – 20 people and more, we’re confident you will find ‘your perfect’ self catering break here.
Thousands of Quality Graded UK and Ireland Cottage Breaks
A cottage break is the perfect accommodation for discovering everything that makes the UK great. Whether you're looking for a cosy romantic retreat, a fun-filled family getaway, or somewhere large, lavish and luxurious, you'll find a fantastic selection of properties to choose from here…
Discover rural retreats deep in the countryside far away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life where you can truly kick back, relax and soak up the stunning scenery and enjoy being close to nature and wildlife. Or maybe you prefer to be close to the sea… we have fisherman’s cottages and family homes right on the dramatic coastline of the UK and Ireland. Here you can enjoy beach walks, boat trips to view marine wildlife and harbour restaurants that serve up fish caught fresh that very day.
As well as the more ‘traditional’ cottage property you will also be able to choose from some that are very different… maybe stay in a Lighthouse cottage, an Oast house, a Castle or a Converted Water Tower to name but a few.
Many properties have fabulous facilities like indoor and outdoor pools, open fires and beamed ceilings. Lots have walking routes right from the doorstep and thousands are in quaint country villages close to traditional inns! Choose to take a break of a week or more but if you don’t want to stay in one place the whole time maybe consider taking two short breaks of 2, 3 or 4 nights. Lots of properties offer short breaks as you will see when you search for your perfect duration. That way you can truly enjoy all the rich history and heritage the UK and Ireland have to offer.
Please note that payment will be taken in £ GBP. All standard discounts available through NOVASOL will not be valid for bookings made on Cottages4you
Fantastic new experience with Boating breaks
For something a little different why not choose to take a holiday on the water… discover an unbeatable choice of boatyards and fabulous cruising routes all over the UK and Ireland. Hop aboard one of our superb collection that are designed to give you a fantastic ‘home from home’ and comfortable holiday accommodation with everything you need on board.
Which boat do I choose?
A narrow boat break lends itself to meandering along the miles of historic canals and rivers that weave quietly and lazily through countryside, town and city with locks, tunnels and bridges to keep you entertained. The classic cruisers can be found on the Norfolk Broads, the Cambridgeshire waterways, the Caledonian Canal and the River Thames where you can mainly cruise lock free in wider open spaces. Whichever boat you choose you will be travelling at just a few miles per hour so you are sure to slow down into a more relaxed way of life in no time. After you have cruised along the miles of waterway, why not moor up close to one of the many charming hostelries along the canal or river bank and sample some of the local food and drink before returning to your very own home on the water. If you aren’t in the mood for company you can perhaps cook for yourself and dine al fresco on board. The next day you can choose to set sail again or perhaps head off on foot to local towns, villages or maybe even the city to enjoy the heritage and culture on offer. Whatever you decide there will always be time to put your feet up and relax.
Now jump on board and have fun!
We have 5 Top Tips to share with you to make sure you have the best time on the water …
- A boating holiday is a real adventure. Perfect for families young and old and groups of friends.
- New experiences can happen every day….from hiring bikes to take on board with you, to shopping in the riverside towns, cities and villages.
- Remember to pack your walking boots and go exploring, there are great maps and information at all of the boatyards.
- Stop off at Riverside pubs, try the local food or perhaps try fishing, we have some of the best spots in the world!
- Have your own BBQ on the side of the river
Where can I go boating?
- YOU DO NOT NEED A LICENCE to drive the boats, the friendly staff at the boatyards will show you how to drive the boat and take you out until you feel comfortable and confident. You will be amazed just how simple they are to control and life jackets are available at all boatyards for added peace of mind.
- Many of the boatyards will come and collect you from the bus or train station and if they know you have had a long way to travel, they will make sure there are extra towels for you on board.
- You can pre order food and drink from the comfort of your own home to be delivered for when you arrive at your boat.
- The boats are really comfortable with fully equipped kitchens and plenty of power to charge all of your electrical equipment
- Look at for our Starboard Boats, our first class fleet with Champagne on board!
Choose from the miles and miles of canals in England and Wales, the magnificent scenery of the Scottish Highlands, The famous River Thames in London and the much loved Norfolk Broads.
Please note that payment will be taken in £ GBP. All standard discounts available through NOVASOL will not be valid for bookings made on Hoseasons